Sunday, November 18, 2012

Makeup 10-11


Howdy team:

Just a few thoughts this week:

Conference was amazing. I know that comment is a week late, but I have never had a better conference experience in my life. Don't get me wrong, family, there is nothing like waking up to homemade cinnamon rolls on a chilly October morning. This conference was different. Truth be told, only one investigator made it to the stake center here, but it seemed conference was just as perfect for her as it was the rest of us. Who could possibly forget President Eyring's powerful testimony of the Book of Mormon, or Elder Hales' sweet assurance that "waiting" on the Lord is not just idly letting life slip by, but actively enduring, living Christ-like attributes, and maintaining that perfect brightness of hope? Those two talks were just the first of a powerful, uplifting conference Sunday. They followed a divinely coordinated Priesthood meeting and exceptional Saturday sessions. I loved this October General Conference. Watch it again, cherish the words of the prophet; you know I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my November Liahona.

We got to go to some more waterfalls this week. I didn't catch any photos... but I'll try and get some from other missionaries. It was beautiful. Pagsanjan falls.

The work is great. I am training Elder Guba, a recent convert of two years who has diligently prepared to serve. It's definitely a difference experience to train, but I am enjoying the challenge and we are working hard. 

Thank you for all the support! Love,

Elder Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment