Sunday, November 18, 2012

Makeup 1-10-11 5th Week


Family and Friends-

Another successful week in the MTC. Week 5 down... They're all starting to look pretty similar. 4 to go... and if they are all as fast as this was, I'll be out of here in no time. So, write me now before it gets difficult to do so in the Philippines (:

I love getting your letters, keep them coming! It's so good to hear how all of you are doing. I"m pressed for time, ever second here is spent learning and growing. But I will do my best to write y'all back today!

So on Tagalog. It's really not that bad. I think it is actually easier than Spanish, once you get the backwards sentence structure down. That clicked for me this week. I've taught the first lesson in Tagalog twice now, and I'll only be speaking that from here on out. It's cool to be able to help the others in my district too, but at the same time it's wierd to be in classes where not everyone is smarter than me. I loved that about BYU.

This week I read D&C and the Pearl of Great Price. I've noticed that although the keystone of the Church, and a great builder of faith, is the Book of Mormon, the Church could not function without the Doctrine and Covenants. It's got some pretty awesome stuff. The early saints were given tons of direct revelation, through Joseph Smith, building their spiritual strength so they could endure immesnse physical trials. Today, we are given immense physical strength, health, and a general comfort of living, so that we can bear spiritual trials of the likes this world has never seen.

So I've got some advice- If you've got any questions, about anything, read D&C with a prayer in your heart and an open mind. The Spirit will wisper when our Father wants you to pay close attention to a specific section. Although it was written to an earlier saint, the section will apply directly to your life, and you will know it when you read it. Also--remember your physical blessings: comfortable living, health, etc. Use them as a platform to grow your spiritual strength. We are all so blessed, and unfortunately it took me the better part of 19 years to realize that. Don't take anything for granted, especially your families. While I'm doing great out here, and not homesick really (sorry family, you know I love you!), there are so many people here that just aren't blessed with a strong family like I have been.

So thanks, really, for everything. I love the support I've got out here, and I'm eternally thankful for the great family and friends that I know are doing well at home. Write me about anything!! If you're looking for an answer, D&C can help. And I can point you to a section that will apply to you.

1 month down, 23 to go!

Mahal Kita, lagi,

Elder Trevor Todd Brown
MTC Mailbox #238
PHI-SAN 0207
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604

PS- I should get my flight plans in 3 weeks. Be patient, you know I have to be!!


No comments:

Post a Comment