Tuesday, November 1, 2011

All Souls Day with Curfew

Hey y'alls:

Happy Halloween! It's a very different holiday in the Philippines... still has a lot to do with dead people, but involves the cemetery a lot more. We also have a special curfew today and tomorrow (All Souls Day). Sounds pretty exciting, I know, but it basically entails everyone sitting around their deceased relatives drunk and playing cards.

The real cool part of our week was Zone Conference. Elder Teh of the Quorum of the Seventy taught and spent the whole morning with us. Leaders in the mission got an extra hour to learn from him. It was such a good experience. As soon as he walked into the room for the leadership training I felt just as you do when President Monson walks into the Conference Center. Peace, love, the Spirit was there. He spoke brilliant English (great for a Filipino), and just came off as a real man who has worked hard in his life. He was full of wisdom, had a great attitude, and was very approachable. I also had the opportunity to sit down with him after zone con for an interview. He's a great leader, and I testify that he is called of God to serve as a witness of Christ. I know I raise my right arm at every general conference meeting, and I do sustain them, but it is nice to meet them as well.

Gotta run back for curfew! Love!

Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment