Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Refferals are golden as is freid eggs.

It's been a great week! I don't have quite as amazing a message prepared for today.. just a heads up. Buuttt I do love you all so much!

Sunshine (the new convert from last week) was confirmed this week, that was cool. We've spent a lot of time with her and her aunt's family this week (Mariel). Mariel plans on starting at a new job in Batangas, about 2 hours from here. She'll continue the lessons with us as often as possible and has every Sunday off (amazing). As it is her third time hearing the lessons, she picks everything up quickly. She has a baptismal date of December 10!

A few months ago we baptized Justine Kyle Custodio, whose mom was less active at the time but came back to church. Her mom, Mercy, gave us two great referrals this week. The Custodio family is extremely poor but sets a strong example for the Church in their neighborhood. Even the well-off members of her community are interested just because of the joy they see in Mercy and her family. It's cool that members have such a powerful tool as their example to help us find new investigators. 

My favorite conference talk is still Robert D. Hales' "Waiting upon the Lord: Thy Will Be Done". Still amazing, even a month later. Go listen to the words of the prophets! It also serves as great workout background music. 

Love,

Elder Brown


P.S. I feel like I should explain the picture. Not that I'm "conscious", but I haven't gotten fat. I'm just reclined in the chair enjoying some delicious breakfast. This is where we taught Sunshine for 2 months. This morning Elder Guba and I spent some great P Day fun here, brought eggs and everyone joined in the eating. Yes, that is how we eat when in big groups. Grabbing a banana leaf is way faster than washing 6 plates. Food tastes better from your hands (: The guy to my right (well to the left of me in the picture) is Julius. He's progressing quickly too. Stopped drinking, smoking, drinking coffee and tea. He wants so badly to change and it is amazing to see that change in such a short time. We're all laughing because right before this the guy taking the picture accidentally took a video of the scene. I've adopted a Filipino sense of humor. And I absolutely love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment