Monday, October 17, 2011

FAMILY INSPIRED BY YOUNG DAUGHTER

Howdy team:

I have a camera now. Sorry about the missed weeks of pictures, but we're back in business. Thank you to all those who are writing me, I know sometimes I don't have time to respond to everyone, but please know that I love you so much and I love hearing your mission stories, things that are going on at home, and all the things you share. I love you! 

On work. The work is just awesome. We've had a couple difficult days getting punted, but it opens opportunities to find the elect. The family in the picture is the Leron family. The girl is a member and has been helping her family come to church, understand the doctrine, and prepare for baptism. It's the best. They don't have much, but the more time I spend here the more I realize that it doesn't matter if you have a full 5 course meal every evening. All that matters is that you have the Gospel, and everything, absolutely everything, falls after that. These people understand that.

We did a service thing this morning. The storm that came through a few days ago flooded some parts of the city the Zone Leaders work in, so we went around to all the elementary schools handing out relief goods to those who have absolutely nothing now. It's way sad to see, but we've seen many come to the Gospel after being helped in their time of need. I don't work in the area that got flooded, but they get to wade through waist high water every day. It's all about the experience, and doing the Lord's work, right? 

All is well. Thank you for all the support! Love,

Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment