Friday, October 7, 2011

MTC Reunion

So it's been a pretty crazy week. Elder DeYoung got transferred after only 3 weeks in Pila, and now I'm training Elder Guba, fresh from the Manila MTC. It's a whole new experience training, but we are working well together so far. While we were at transfer meeting, President took all the new Filipinos to the mall to buy some extra clothes... which left me, Elder Glenn (my MTC companion, also training this transfer), and Elder Eldridge (lived in our room at the MTC, also training) basically with the whole mission home to ourselves for 4 hours (there were other people there but they were all outside). Basically, we had some great times sharing stories, catching up, and strengthening each other before we were to head out to our areas. I am honestly a little surprised at how close a connection we felt after 8 months of being apart. I guess being attached to each other for 2 months straight is quite a while.

Work in Pila is still.. well, miraculous. Last week I think I told you about Greenchel (spelling changed.. this one is correct). Anyways we went to her house and everything went very well. She is extremely receptive and came to church again yesterday. Pretty much everyone came to church yesterday. People we have been teaching for months, people we ment just this week, almost everyone came to church. If that isn't a miracle, I don't know what is. Not only that, but the service was especially good. It was fast sunday (conference is a week late here), the Spirit was strong in the room, and all have said they're coming back. I'm loving this. There was a joke circulating at transfer meeting that people just randomly show up to church and ask to be taught in this area. It's true. I have absolutely no claim on any success, but I am literally living the dream and so grateful for it. We should have at least 8 of these great people baptized by the end of the month or first week of November, as long as they continue to progress this quickly. 

I got some more packages! Y'alls are the best, you shouldn't have, but I'm so glad you did (: Special thanks to mother and Randog. 

Love,

Elder Brown
 

No comments:

Post a Comment