Friday, October 7, 2011

I Wear Deoderant

The subject line is true. I know you're all going to be disgusted, but I'm at least 15 months away and this will be a funny memory when we all look back on it. I thought that I could better spend P 200 on food and delicious things than deodorant each month.. So for the last 6 months or so that's what I've been doing! It was delicious food, but I got stinky. Go figure. Gong Gong found out, sent me deodorant, and now I smell so good! I forgot what it was like.. and when I got her package it was like magic. I'll never go without again. The world is now a better place.

This week has been pretty crazy. Elder Lacson packed up and left his first area, we went to transfer day, and I came back with a Joe! That's what Americans are called here. But anyways he's been out in the field for a while, we were told it is a temporary fix to the irregular arrival of new missionaries in 2 weeks, and we'll see what happens then. We're enjoying some english, american food, and working hard too.

I like when miracles happen. I mean, who doesn't, right? Yesterday we showed up to church and there was a 23 year old guy sitting, waiting in the priesthood room. There's only like 7 priesthood brethren that show up on time so it's easy to recognize new faces. Anyways we talked to him, and learned that he was investigating the church in Manila last year some time, but that his missionaries got transferred and he moved back to Laguna (where I am). He participated in all the classes and invited us over to his house that night. There, he told us that he loved what the missionaries taught him, he had read through 2 Nephi, and how he found himself at church yesterday morning. He said that a woman called him from Salt Lake on Tuesday, while on break from work, inviting him to come to church on Sunday. He didn't think too much of it, until she called again at 7:30 on Sunday morning. Usually he wakes up at 10. So he decided to come to church, had a great experience, and is ready to be baptized. Score! We're really excited to work with him. That was a miracle for me. It's not often that golden investigators get a call from Salt Lake and show up for church.

Yesterday, we baptized Justine Kyle and Ken Aldrix Custodio. Picture attached. They have little worldy possessions, but a tangible spirit presides in their house. Love those kids. Their mom is a member, doing all she can to be back at church every week.

Anyways love y'alls a ton, 

Elder Brown

PS HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROOKLYN!

No comments:

Post a Comment