Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Shane, PDay Ganes



Subject: howdy team! I love having Shane here so much.

I don't see him ever, and we're far apart, but it feels so good to know he's doing the same thing, with the same people, in the land I have come to love. Dad mentioned a few words of sadness when thinking back on his own mission. Yeah, I think it will be sad. Cause, you know, I just love this work. I love these people. This has very much become my work, and my people.

Anyways.. the work continues. I think one of the biggest challenges now is figuring out how to balance office work with proselyting work. I don't mean the hours of the day, but the mental powers devoted to each. It feels too easy to just start thinking about office work or do that stuff when we get punted or disappointed in our proselyting work. When these thoughts come, I have learned to fight back and focus on our investigators. We will often be walking and I'll ask Elder Delos Santos somethings about the next lesson we've planned, or something about the people we just taught, or how to help the ward. Just little things. The Savior said, "And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work."

Ah we're out of time! I'll attach the journals. Those have the good stuffs. Much love,

Elder Trevor Brown





PS I gotta explain zone pday. We went to this crazy cool resort thing. No entrance fee, just food that is super mahal (expensive). They had this one area where you could purchase a cup--or plate or vase or bowl or TV really--and throw it at a wall. I think the theory is to relieve stress. Anyways we did it as a companionship.. As you can see, I have great form. Haha. I'm not dancing there, that is really me throwing a ceramic cup at a wall. Super fun zone pday.

No comments:

Post a Comment